Tuesday, October 14, 2008

混同は歪む // CONFUSE CONFOUND // RECYCLED航行ボート

FAILED PASSAGE TO DELAND


I don't even know!

Yesterday, I made plans to get up to DeLand to see my folks - and it'd be the first time in about 4 months. I figured my sureshot way there was by way of the amtrak - as as my research revealed, that'd be about eight bucks. For the fun of it (and to save eight bucks), I thought i'd give riding my thumb a shot, and stood at the I-4 East onramp for two-ish hours with no luck! Bogus! Undeterred, I shot up towards the Park Ave. amtrak station and got caught in a quick downpour (and I was carrying my much larger, much less water resistant backpack - with laptop inside) so I ducked into Skycraft for a second and was (as usual) floored by how cool that place is. When the rain stopped I checked my watch and the train had already left.

I called up my mom to tell her and she was bummed out so she came up and we hung out and had some food. My dad got off work shortly thereafter and we met up with him too.

Going to try again for DeLand later sunday.

----------

Later on that night I got drunked on some Yeung-a-ling with some friends at hoops and exchanged identities and laughed a lot.

No comments: